Hi Virtually Readers! I was going to write a discussion that week, and hopefully that will come, but I’ve been busy with passing high school (an activity that seems to take up a lot of my time). So when Cait @ Paperfury asked herself some bookish questions, I decided to join in. Also I put random book photos that I took for instagram in for no good reason except pictures.
Top 5 reads of 2017 so far?
I’ve only read maybe 25 books so far (which is a lot for me) but Wing Jones, Radio Silence, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and The Weight of Feathers are up there.
Top five favourite book friendships?
There are a zillion and I cannot remember them all but
- Aled and Frances from Radio Silence
- Apollo and Meg McCaffery from The Trials of Apollo
- Evie, Amber and Lottie from The Spinster Club
- Simon and Abby from Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione from Harry Potter
How many books are on your TBR pile?
I don’t have one. Muhahahaha! But there are a lot of books I want to read in my life. I just think I would be overwhelmed if I tried to keep track.
What are you reading soon?
This is a scheduled post, but as I write this I’m reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling. It’s kind of weird, because I’d never heard of her before getting this from the library, but the writing style is really accessible. I’m hoping to read You In Five Acts and maybe reread Bookishly Ever After or start Harry Potter 6 as well. But I ave school and stuff this week so. I just finished rereading Harry Potter 5 and it took an entire week but was quite good.
What are your feelings on book merchandise?
I like the idea but (kind of like Cait) I would rather own a book then waste all my money on merch. I’m also quite crafty and perfectly capable of making necklaces/bookmarks/quote posters etc. for myself and I don’t really see the point of buying them. Like candles and funko pops and things are cool but I don’t really need them. And I don’t see the point? Maybe this is because I live in India and don’t want to pay for postage so yeah.
Who is an amazing author you’ve recently discovered?
I really like Katherine Webber.
How long have you been a book blogger?
Shanti and I started this blog as Weavingwaveswords (what were we thinking with the name? who can know) in August 2014, when we were young and impressionable and also not very good at blogging. This became Virtually Read about a year ago, I think.
What’s your favourite thing about reading?
So many things! Some include:
- Being able to imagine what’s happening in your head-so it’s like you and the author are like sharing a world that you created together (if that makes any sense)
- Being able to learn from other people’s experiences
- Just learning more about the world and people in general
- Being able to choose how fast you read the story.
- How portable books are–you can read them anywhere and anytime, unlike, say movies. You can even read in class! (you may get in trouble but whatever)
What books have you finished recently?
I’ve finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Possibility of Somewhere, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and The Trials of Apollo recently. (Considering how I have used several of these titles in previous questions, you can see I have a bad memory)
Describe yourself in 5 book titles
This is hard because I can’t remember any titles but:
- The Girl With All The Gifts (the gift of forgetting things, for sure. Also overcommitting and reading fast)
- The Book Thief (I steal books from the library)
- Good Enough (and if you’re reading this, you are too)
- The Girl Who Could Fly (in my past life before I was born into this one *sob*)
(so what you should get out of this is that I’m a girl)
What’s up in your life?
Thank you for asking, person who wrote this question.
(*cough: me*) Oh look! A non-bookish question! School started two weeks ago and since then I’ve mainly spent my days a) going to school b)going to after school activities (fun ones include rock climbing, robotics, and aerials) c) doing homework. I also somehow squeeze in time for running and piano and blogging and instagram and seeing my family and chores.
Shanti and I are actually about to finish high school which is scary and I am currently in denial and wish the adults in my life knew how to talk to me about things other than university.
How did you find this tag? What are you going to read soon? What has your life been up to recently (this makes it sound like it’s a thing of its own but it’s not)? What are book titles that describe you?