Hello Virtually Readers! I didn’t do a reading goals post last year, but I thought I would this year!
Firstly, I’ll talk about last year. I read 55 books (I might have missed a few tbh), and although there was plenty of YA, I think I branched out more than I ever have before. I read nonfiction and classics and even literary fiction and romance. I didn’t really know what to expect, because I knew I’d be busy with university, so I’m pretty happy with how much I read. I also listened to a LOT of audiobooks, mostly while working.
Here’s some reading things I want to achieve in 2019:
- Read at least 52 books. I *think* this is achievable, especially since I’ve read a LOT this month, but we will see. Ideally more, but I’ll know I’ll be busy once semester starts.
- Review and post about more books that aren’t YA fiction. I guess because Virtually Read has been Young Adult focused so far, it feels like nobody will be interested if we branch out? But I want to, so ._. I want to talk about the books that make me feel and think and grow.
- Read more non-fiction. I love science non-fiction, but I feel like I also want to read about topics I don’t know much about.
- Complete at least 2 rows of the Ivyclad Ideas 2019 Bingo! This seems fun, and I did it very competitively 2 years ago. I think it will be good for when I don’t know what I want to read.
- Read more library books! Because I have a library card and might as well use it 🙂
- Read at least 5 highly acclaimed books, because it’s nice to be able to talk about them with someone. (A thousand splendid Suns? Shantaram? )
- I want to read more poetry, because I like reading lovely words.
- Reread Wide Sargasso Sea, aka the Best Book Ever.