Hi Virtually Readers! How is your week going?? I have been very busy and distracted (I just spent about half an hour googling cello players in between the beginning and end of that sentence) (hahahaha my homework). Anyway, I guess I’ve seen a lot of bookish facts around the blogosphere (*cough* Cait *cough*) so here are some about moi.
1.I grew up reading wayyyy too much Enid Blyton. Probably because in rural India, we were lucky to have English books at all. Secret Seven, Famous Five, Five Finder-Outers, The Faraway Tree, St. Mallorys…you name it, I probably read it. My lucky younger siblings had more varied reading choices.
2. I’m somewhat sceptical when authors are too prolific. Especially if it’s all in one series? *glares at the multiple children’s series that do this* . Because I kind of suspect that they have a ‘winning’ repetitve formula. Example: Enid Blyton. She had about 3 winning formulas: detective kids, boarding school, and fairy.
3. I’m not a fan of scary books. I sometimes had to stop listening to the Raven Boys because it was so creepy. When I was little I’d have get my mother to read the scary bits aloud for me.
4. I once delivered book catalogues into mailboxes. I got a book voucher as a reward.
5. Libraries=the best. I use my school’s library and get ebooks from a digital library in New Zealand.
6. I recently lost Champion for about a week. It turned out to be quite safely stored outside my chemistry classroom (oops).
7. I only heard of Percy Jackson in 2010 (It was published in 2005).Then I went through a Percy Jackson phase.
8. Bridge to Terabithia was the first movie I watched before I read the book. Maybe that’s why I like it? Also it was filmed in New Zealand and features young, dark haired
Peeta Josh Hutcherson.
9. Rereading is better than new reading. Because you don’t have to stress about the ending and you meet your old
10. I don’t have a lot of personal books. I mainly share them with Shanti. But The Girl With All the Gifts, The Book Thief, Cloudwish and The Titan’s Curse are all MIIIINE.
11. We have 15 of the 7 Harry Potter books. My friend moved house and gave me her whole series. To break it down, we have (2x#1, 2x#2, 3x#3 (one in Hindi, although I’m not planning on reading it), 2x all the others.) Some are, to be fair, in pretty bad condition and missing multiple pages. (I did craft with Harry Potter 5)
12.We have more paperbacks than hardbacks. And that’s okay with me! They’re lighter!
13. I’m a pro at reading under desks. Although I don’t do this much, since nowadays my classes are quite difficult.
14.I’m also a pro at reading under the covers. And I do this about 5 times a week. I’m such a bedtime-defying rebel.
15. I’m a browser. I mean I like the idea of a TBR? but I just pick what I feel like reading usually.
16. Series I haven’t finished: Throne of Glass, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Hunt, Skullduggery Pleasant, The Kane Chronicles…
17.I don’t plan on finishing Throne of Glass or The Kane Chronicles any time soon.
18.Currently listening to: White Cat by Holly Black. I’m quite close to finishing it, but Champion came first, because after being lost it had to be returned to the library quickly.
19. Calvin and Hobbes is the best. We have a lot of the collections, and they are honestly so so so good.
19. One of my yearly goals was to read 10 nonfiction books. I’ve read at least 1, so I’m well on my way? (haha no)
20. I once threw up on Artemis Fowl. Quite unfortunate, really.
21. I love Laura Ingalls Wilder and I wanted to time travel to her time at one point. Mainly because the food is so good. (but the no wifi aspect is rather off-putting)
22. We just finished Atonement in English. And the ending destroyed me.
23.I don’t have very much bookish merchandise. But I do have a Lunar Chronicles T-shirt! (and it is in the wash therefore no photo)
24. I have read Lord of The Rings. I wasn’t very dedicated and took 1 1/2 years to do this.
Have you ever done any of these things? What’s one bookish(or non-bookish) fact about you? How do you feel about comic books?