It’s our second blogoversary! Yay! It’s hard to believe it’s been two years since we published our first post (since which our plans for out blog have significantly changed) and a year since our first blogoversary (since which we have got a new design, although our content hasn’t really changed). Let’s discuss our greatness (by which I mean our blogoversary. But hey, today is a day of exciting enormous celebration.
- 192 followers (Bloglovin’ and WordPress and email). This is so incredible. If you had told me when we started blogging that we would have 192 followers, I would probably have asked what followers were.
- Over 4000 visitors. What is this life.
- 15000 views. Again, like, how?
- 224 posts. Well, that’s plenty.
And, of course, we have to say thank you to about a zillion people.
- Marie, for always commenting and being incredibly awesome.
- Heather, for her incredible blog posts and always being thoughtful.
- Cait, for being rabidly enthusiastic and also just generally a wonderful writer.
- Alexa, who is cool and has wonderful ideas (both on her blog and in her comments)
- Alyssa, who manages to blog on top of everything else and be fabulous.
And some of our new friends:
- Holly, because she is so interesting.
- Rain, because we all have a sarcastic inner editor
- This Grace and this Grace, because they’re both awesome.
- Authors for writing amazing (and not so amazing) books.
- I’ve probably forgotten some people.
And then all the people in real life:
- Our parents, because they think our YA blog is interesting despite
neveralmost never reading YA.
- Our siblings, for existing (they don’t read this so we could say whatever we wanted. They should be grateful.)
- Our cat and dog, for being photogenic and affectionate
although they don’t know about our internet fame.
- Our laptops for, y’know, working.
(we could thank our camera, our hard drives, mother boards, laptop chargers too I guess)
- Our friends who fangirl with us and read our posts (you know who you are)
- All the people who told us we should start a blog (there were several)
We are so grateful that you read the stuff we write and are so encouraging. Without you you we would have way less motivation to blog.
What have we learned, now we are two-year-old wise blogging gurus?
- It’s okay to make mistakes. Typos, forgetting to post or reply to comments. We’re not perfect, but neither is anyone else. And that’s okay.
- People are awesome. Specifically, bloggers are awesome. Other bloggers are inspiring and encouraging and generally wonderful.
- Take photos. Be original. Be zany.
- Coding is just as hard and easier than it looks.
- many other things I can’t think of right now.
And what can you expect from us in the future?
- Shanti and I are kind of busy with finishing high school, but we’ll keep blogging and commenting as much as we can.
- We’re (meaning me, Shar) is working on making a blog button only it’s hard. But it should appear soon.
- We added a contact page!
- More analysis posts
- New features perhaps.
- Different website tweaks? (but not a new design because that was a lot of work)
- Okay I’m making stuff up now.
But now, on to the fun stuff! To celebrate our blogoversary, we’re having two giveaways. The first one is for this Rafflecopter giveaway:
The second will be a random person from the comments. (You’ll have to trust that it will actually be random) You can enter both, but you can’t win both. We’ll choose at the end of August, and then we’ll contact you and you can choose a quote or colour scheme for one, then we’ll post them to you. The person who wins in the comments gets 2 bookmarks. We choose one for you and you can choose the other. The rafflecopter winner gets 3 bookmarks, and can also choose one. (oh yeah, this is totally international by the way)
Here’s some bookmarks we’ve made recently:
And last, we’d love to know what you think. What is your favourite blog post of ours? (not that we need our egos bloated). What is your favourite feature? What would you like to see here? (features, posts, you name it)