Hey Virtually Readers! I’ve seen several ‘Blog Post Idea generators’ around the blogosphere, and, being a self-confessed complete blogging expert on everything, I thought I could add mine into the mix.
- Find a dictionary (or even just a random book page.) Close your eyes and point your finger at a word, then spend at least 500 words discussing how much your chosen word means to you, how important it is, how it has affected your life, etc.
- Tell us about how exciting (or boring) your last shower was.
- Eat cat food/dog food/dirt then describe the experience.
- The pros and cons of your bookshelf design.
RuinImprove a favourite book by analysing every single literary technique it uses, its effect, and how the reader is manipulated.
- Find the worst thing you wrote about four years ago, then
inflict it onshare it with your readers.
- Complain about how you can’t think of a blog post idea for as long as you can.
- Draw your favourite book/thing (let’s be honest, all our favourite things are books) with your eyes closed, then explain how this shows you’re the next Monet.
- Take photos of your blister/sunburn/hangnail and complain about the pain.
- Choose a
mundanereally interesting event from your life (like that time you innocently were walking along the footpath and a dog barked) that your audience will be boredfascinated by.
- Choose a topic you know nothing about (for example, I know nothing about League of Legends) then talk about it like an expert. (This is a fabulous game which involves clicking with a mouse and diffraction beams.)
- Take photos of your laptop at different angles on the floor. (This is postmodern-there is no need to include explanations. The photos should convey everything you need to.) like so:
- Share your bookstagram fails.
- Find some pens. Take photos of the pens. Give a detailed backstory to each pen. (I got this one before school started, this one from my friends house, this one from the floor… you get the idea)
- Find every pom pom in your house. Put them in your bookshelf. Share the story of your epic pom-pom finding mission.
- Write a post about what is under your bed.
- Invent a terrifying monster. Draw it
realisticallyas best as you can. Write about it as though it is real. (Bonus: include this in your list of things under your bed. )
- Roll your cat/brother/face across the keyboard. Add vowels where necessary. Pretend your post is not gibberish and add irrelevant photos (e.g of your cat, brother, face, or sink) e.g a;kasdiow jafkelew
- Complain about your lack or comment/followers/appreciators of your GENIUS.
- Write about the last thing you ate.
(In case you can’t tell, this entire post is a joke.)
Which of these ideas was worst? Which was best? Ever at a loss for inspiration ( I wasn’t, obviously.)? What was the last thing you ate? Who doesn’t appreciate your genius? (I’ll cry with you, and you can feel better. 😛 )