Heather is an awesome blogging friend of Shar and I’s. She blogs over at Sometimes I’m a Story, and her posts are sarcastic, thoughtful and awesome. (you should go follow her by the way) Anyway, it’s her Second Blogoversary (YAY CONGRATS HEATHER!!!!) and she created a tag to celebrate. Shar and I decided to do this tag.
- What was your first post? When did you write it?
- What is your most popular post?
- What is your favorite post?
- What are some particularly emotional posts you’ve written? (And it doesn’t necessarily have to be weepy—you could be ecstatic or enraged or disgusted, if that applies.)
- Have you ever written particularly a particularly controversial post?
- What is your most humorous post?
- Have you ever given/received/exchanged guest posts?
- What are some things you want to blog about but haven’t gotten to yet?
- What is the best thing about your blog?
- And, for the heck of it—what are a few of your favorite blogs (that, if it wasn’t implied, are not yours)?
1- Shanti: Our first post was this sort of introduction thing that is possibly quite incoherent. It just said that we were all about words particularly books, and that Shar and I would blog once a week alternatingly. The next post was a review of Shadow and Bone (it was a bad review, by the way), and Shar’s first post was about Fangirl (Shar: yeah, you don’t have to read it. You’re encouraged not to, in fact) We started writing in August 2014.
2- Shanti: Hmm, not so sure on this one *checks statistics* I think it was my post about how to make a bookmark . We still get hits for this every few days, though I’m not sure how useful it was. (I still use the bookmark though!)
Shar: I think I’m most proud of my discussion about Mental Illness in YA. (Also, other discussions.)
4- Shar: I was looking through our archives, and I remembered this story of me and a moody librarian.
Shanti: I hated Love in the Time of Global Warming so much, and I think my review shows that.
5- Shanti: I think my post about the Deathly Hallows was pretty controversial… but I was really pleased with how everyone reacted, and there were some great comments.
Shar: I can’t think of much, but I recently gave Shiver 2 stars, so many members of the blookunity were disappointed. Sometimes it’s hard to be fair in a review when you know someone who loves the author/book- I generally tend to give those super high or super low ratings.
6- Shanti : For me It’s probably If YA Characters Went to High School. That was fun to write (and read if you get the references)
Shar: I don’t know… I like to think I’m a funny person, but I most people don’t get my humour. It doesn’t usually come out in my blog posts… maybe I was funny in our review of Carry On? (I can only seem to think of posts from about 3 weeks ago… I appear to have abysmal short term memory.
7- Shanti: Yes! My friend Anna has helped us out with two posts, and my friend Rose also wrote a guest post about how many great books I made her read. I’ve never guest posted for someone else though, but I’m open to the idea.
Shar: I’m open too, but we have the same answers otherwise, so let’s not bore you.
8- Shanti:I want to blog about religion in books and do more rereading features and creative reviews. And I’d love to do a feature about setting in books- called the Bookish Planet or something like that (instead of lonely planet)
Shar: I want to write more discussions and do more tags. I’d like to discuss deep things like ‘why do we read’ and ‘what are useful lessons YA can teach us’ and use more gifs and also do funny posts. (Ha. Ha. These were totally spontaneous, btw)
9. Shar: We post regularly and have good grammar and write interestingly and deeply and respectfully (e.g discuss what specifically bothered us about a certain book without being rude and going ‘it sucked DON’T READ IT’ and nothing else)
Shanti: We write awesome reviews, reply to comments, have cool graphics and hopefully make our readers think.
10. Not to suck up, but Sometimes I’m a Story
And a new discovery… A concerto of paint and print
And a zillion more.
Shanti: I love Paper Fury, the Quiet People and Sometimes I’m a Story too… but also
Yay for awesome tags! What’s your favourite thing about your blog? Or if you don’t blog, tell us about another awesome blog in the comments!